Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum

CFL clubs backup QB is deployed on short-yardage downs,

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum » La vie du Forum i30 » Présentation
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Déc - 07:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: CFL clubs backup QB is deployed on short-yardage downs, Répondre en citant

PHOENIX -- A trip to the desert was enough to get the Chicago Bulls back on track. Sherrick McManis Jersey . Carlos Boozer had 19 points and 12 rebounds, and the Bulls snapped the Phoenix Suns five-game winning streak with a 101-92 victory on Tuesday night. The Bulls shot 45 per cent from the field and had five players score in double figures, bouncing back from an ugly 99-70 loss at Sacramento on Monday. The Bulls shot 28 per cent and were outrebounded 53-30 against the Kings. One night later, it was a completely different story. "You could have used an excuse if you chose to do so, but thats what I love about the team," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "They come out and theyre going to fight. They picked themselves up and did it together and you could tell in the first quarter the commitment to get back, the commitment to get to put their bodies in front of people and take charges, make hustle plays, make effort plays." Jimmy Butler and D.J. Augustin had 18 points apiece for the Bulls, who won for the fifth straight time in Phoenix. Joakim Noah, who was ejected in the third quarter of the loss at Sacramento, had 14 points and 14 rebounds. Chicago (24-24) had dropped three of four, including an 88-79 loss at New Orleans on Saturday. "We got punched in the mouth in New Orleans, we got punched in the mouth in Sacramento and we just wanted to come out and compete for 48 minutes as a team," Noah said. The Bulls kept the Suns prolific offence in check, holding them 13 points under their average even though Phoenix (29-19) was coming off two days rest. Boozer didnt play for much of the fourth quarter as Chicago went mainly with Taj Gibson as an interior defender, but his teammates did damage on offence down the stretch. Augustin had three fourth-quarter 3-pointers to help keep the Bulls in front. Noah also had a couple of key baskets in the final period. Butlers 3-pointer with 4:43 to play gave the Bulls an 89-80 lead, but Goran Dragic hit a 3 and Leandro Barbosa, playing extended minutes with sharpshooter Gerald Green struggling, drove for a layup to cut the lead to 89-85. Then Butler and Noah came up with back-to-back baskets, and the Suns rally fizzled. Dragic, the reigning Western Conference player of the week, led Phoenix with 24 points. It was the guards fifth straight game with 20 or more points. Channing Frye had 18, and Barbosa scored nine of his 13 in the fourth quarter. "We gave up so much easy stuff," Dragic said. "We didnt bring it, no energy and we didnt do smart plays. They did not let us run our actions. They were denying our big guys. It was just hard to pass and cut." Down 13 points in the third quarter, the Suns went on a 13-4 run to close to 50-46 on Dragics driving layup at the 9-minute mark. The Bulls went up by 11 on a follow by Boozer, but the Suns cut the lead to 60-55 on a pair of Dragic free throws with 4:36 left. Mike Dunleavy scored eight of his 11 points in the third quarter, helping Chicago carry a 69-63 lead into the fourth. The game started with a brisk pace, but the Suns missed more shots and had more turnovers in what turned out to be an offensively deficient first quarter. So low that the 13 points for Phoenix was its lowest total in a first quarter this season. "Thats the difference of a team that really gets after it defensively and makes it tough on all the shots," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. "They took us out of our stuff but we let them do whatever they wanted." Boozer had eight points and five rebounds to help Chicago to a 21-13 lead after one. NOTES: Noah was fined $15,000 by the NBA for verbally abusing officials after he was ejected Monday in Sacramento. Noah started Tuesday nights game. "I never thought it warranted suspension, so it was probably appropriate," Thibodeau said. "He got fined for cursing." ... Noah has 22 double-doubles and Boozer 15 this season . Suns players Markieff Morris, Dragic and Green were assessed technical fouls. ... The Suns never led on Tuesday after being in front for all but 1:59 of the 192 total minutes of the previous four games . Suns guard Eric Bledsoe missed his bobblehead night with a right knee injury. ... A bird got into the US Airways Center seating bowl during the second quarter and flew a lap around the court and into the upper deck before finding its way out. Mike Singletary Jersey .com) - The Chicago White Sox have officially announced that the club has agreed to terms with utilityman Emilio Bonifacio on a one-year, $4 million contract that includes a team option for the 2016 season. Kevin White Jersey . - The Cleveland Indians will place centerfielder Michael Bourn on the disabled list before their opener at Oakland on March 31. http://www.bearsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-Devin-Hester-Bears-Jersey/ . In the Brewers six games this season, no starter has allowed more than three runs. "We see the guy in front of us do a great job and we want to do even better," Gallardo said after the Brewers beat the Red Sox 4-0 on Sunday, his second straight scoreless start.SURREY, B.C. -- The B.C. Lions are preparing for the possibility that quarterback Travis Lulay wont play in a key game against Saskatchewan because of a shoulder injury, but a decision on who would take the snaps in Lulays place is still up in the air. B.C. coach Mike Benevides said Monday the club will prepare offensive packages for backup signal-caller Thomas DeMarco and nominal No. 3 Buck Pierce. "Im going to get both of those guys, both Buck and Thomas, prepared right away," said Benevides at the clubs practice facility. DeMarco, a second-year pro, has more knowledge of B.C.s offensive system. But Pierce, a nine-year veteran in his second stint with the Lions after being acquired in a trade from Winnipeg last week, has more CFL experience. Benevides said he was not ready to make a declaration on who would start if Lulay cant play. Lulay was injured on the weekend while running for a 14-yard touchdown in a 36-14 victory over the Montreal Alouettes. Lulay was not at the practice facility while reporters were present. Benevides said the QB was getting an MRI exam and could be examined again Tuesday. The coach hopes to be clear on Lulays status by Wednesday, when the Lions return to practice. "On Wednesday, Ill have a clearer idea of what I want to do," said Benevides. "Were going to get both (DeMarco and Pierce) prepared, because its going to take both of them to win a football game." The Lions (7-4) have a chance to gain a share of second place in the West Division when they visit the Roughriders (8-3) next Sunday in Regina. Lulay told a Vancouver radio station Monday that his shoulder "stiffened up" overnight following the win over Montreal. He also told The Canadian Press on Sunday that he was feeling stiffness, but Benevides said a team doctor was encouraged by the range of motion that the QBs shoulder displayed following the game. Lulay also suffered a shoulder injury last year and missed the final five games of the regular season. He also had shoulder surgery in 2008 while playing for the Berlin Thunder of now-defunct NFL Europa. DeMarco tossed his first CFL touchdown pass as the Lions led the Als from start to finish. Benevides indicated he is wary of causing a disruption in the locker-room by going with Pierce after DeMarcos supportive teammates chanted his name following an impressive showing against Montreal. "The biggest thing for me right now is, (DeMarco) has done everything Ive needed him to do," said Benevides. Benevides acknowledged that concerns about DeMarcos ability level were part of the motivation behind the acquisition of Pierce for receiver Akeem Foster. But the coach also praised DeMarco for responding well and spending extra time on the practice field after the Lions brought back Pierce. In 34 games in which Pierce started between 2005 and 2009, the Lions compiled a 21-12-1 mark. After joining the Bombers as a free agent in 2010, he started 32 of 33 games. In nine CFL seasons, the New Mexico State product has thrown for 15,059 yards on 1,179 completions, a 64. Hroniss Grasu Jersey. 3 completion percentage and 73 touchdowns. "They do bring two unique skill sets that may help us, and should help us, win football games," said Benevides. "So I think they both are in play (as possible starters)." DeMarcos relief experience marked his first significant regular-season action in his two seasons with B.C. He has been used primarily in short-yardage situations. DeMarco said he must make sure the second quarterback position is not a "far drop" from when Lulay plays, and be prepared for more strategic plays than he faces when he usually gets called upon. "Theres no strategy to (a short-yardage situation)," said DeMarco. "When youre second-and-one, third-and-one, the biggest thing is: Get the snap and fall forward for the first down. Thats your responsibility. Thats what youre supposed to do. Starting the game or being (called) in the middle of the game, or getting six, 10 minutes, whatever it is, the biggest thing is: Whats the first-down look? Whats the second-down look? "Its completely different," he said. "Youve got to think more about it, and your responsibilities go way up." DeMarco, a 24-year-old Palm Desert, Calif., native, could get his first professional start after signing with the Lions last year following six tryouts with CFL and NFL clubs. Known for being studious, DeMarco, an Old Dominion product who holds engineering and MBA degrees and works as a mortgage loans officer in Virginia in the off-season, said he will not alter his preparations. "My study habits will be the same," he said. "The intensity will probably kick up, because my role has changed." But if DeMarco does get the nod to start, Benevides said he will still to deployed in short-yardage situations. The decision could prevent injury to Pierce, who has suffered numerous injuries during three-plus seasons with Winnipeg and his first five CFL seasons with B.C. The Lions released the former starter following the 2009 season because of concussion woes. Usually, a CFL clubs backup QB is deployed on short-yardage downs, but Benevides wants to keep going with DeMarco because he has been successful at converting them into first downs regularly. Aside from preserving his health, Pierces biggest challenge will likely be to become familiar enough with B.C.s offence again. "Now, Im (almost) four years removed (from B.C.s system) and this is my third (offensive) co-ordinator in a month," said Pierce. "Im learning as fast as I can and all that I can do." With Lulay injured, general manager Wally Buonos acquisition of Pierce appears fortuitous. But Pierce chalked the timing up to the vagaries of his CFL tenure. "All things, I guess, happen for a reason. a Ive seen crazier things happen throughout the course of my career," said Pierce. Notes: Saskatchewan slotback Geroy Simon, the CFLs all-time leading receiver, is slated to play his first game against his former club. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Visiter le site web du posteur ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 1 Déc - 07:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum » La vie du Forum i30 » Présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Forum Hyundai Veloster Forum Hyundai i40 Forum Hyundai i30 Forum KIA Cee'd Forum Mazda CX-5 CX-7 Forum Audi Q3 Q5 Q7 Forum Mercedes-Benz ML Forum Infiniti Forum BMW Série 1 F20 Forum BMW Série 3 F30 Forum Renault Clio 4 Forum Suzuki Kizashi Forum Volkswagen Golf 7 Forum Volkswagen Up! SEAT Mii Skoda Citigo Forum Mercedes-Benz Classe A W176 Forum SEAT Leon 3 Forum Audi A5 S5 RS5 Forum Toyota Yaris Forum Toyota FT-86 Subaru BRZ Forum Hyundai ix45

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation