Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum

after dropping the opening game

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum » La vie du Forum i30 » Présentation
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
shenyuqing113

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Mai - 03:53 (2018)    Sujet du message: after dropping the opening game Répondre en citant

One is a legend in the CFL. The other is in his first pro training camp. For Ricky Ray and Anthony Coombs, the connection they share is more than just playing on the offensive side of the ball; more than just wearing the same double-blue uniform. They are brothers -- union brothers. While members of the CFLPA were in CBA negotiations with league officials in a hotel conference room near Torontos Pearson International Airport, 20 kilometres to the northeast the Argonauts were holding their first practice of the season for rookies and quarterbacks. The most recognizable player on the field on Wednesday was Ray. Entering his 12th season in the league, his third with the Argos, the Northern Californian is pragmatic in his approach to the labour situation, which to a large extent, is out of his control. "We just have to wait and see," said Ray. "Obviously I stand by the players union and what were fighting for and hopefully well be able to come to an agreement." What has he thought of the process to date? "Im not in the meetings," said Ray. "Its hard for me to comment on things because I havent been in there listening to whats going on, but theyre fighting for what they want, were fighting for what we want, and hopefully we can come to an agreement and share whats going on with this league. I think a lot of good things are happening in the CFL - new stadiums, a new team coming back, seems like were growing pretty well, so hopefully we can find some middle ground and all benefit. There are few players in the league that garner the same respect, on or off the field, than the 34-year old does. When he gives advice people usually take notice. He took the opportunity to pass along a helping hand to those rookies who may be going through this type of distraction for the first time. "All you can focus on, especially the rookies, is out here (on the field)," Ray continued. "They cant be thinking about whats going on and whats going to happen. Theyve just got to take the time they have right now and do the best they can to be focused and make the team." Ray is very mild mannered and leads by example as opposed to being overly vocal. That said; hes used to the give and take with members of the media and there are days when its easy to tell that hed rather be doing something - anything - else than being interviewed. This topic seemed to hit home, however, and in an answer that was longer than the norm for him, the signal caller continued his advice for those newcomers trying to become his teammate. "Thats what youve got to do sometimes when youre an athlete. There are a lot of outside distractions, whether its at home or anywhere else, and when you step on this football field, be able to focus and do your job." Coombs is one of those youngsters in an uncommon situation in the long history of the CFL. Hes entering his first season in the shadow of a work stoppage. Selected with the third-overall pick in the CFL draft a fortnight earlier, Coombs arrived at camp focused on the on-field activities, not what was happening in the labour dispute. "Theres a lot of stuff going on," said the running back. "I tend to just focus on what I can control. As a rookie Ive already got a lot of playbook stuff coming at me so Ive got a lot of stuff that I need to learn, so Im trying not to focus on the business side or whatever politics that are going on around me, it would just distract me from my play." A pretty mature answer for a 21-year old. He says hes read some articles on the dispute, but says even some of the veterans dont seem to know everything that going on. He just wants to maintain his focus. "The advice I was told is just worry about what you have to do," said the University of Manitoba product. The first game on the Argos schedule is Monday, June 9. Its a preseason game in Winnipeg, not only the city where he grew up, but the game would be played on the same field that he starred for the Bisons last year. If the game isnt a casualty of the labour dispute and hes fortunate enough to play, he has one wish. "Hopefully my hometown will cheer for me, not boo me," Coombs said with a chuckle. The rookie RB is hopeful the game will be played, as is the veteran QB Ray, who in one sentence summed up perfectly the feeling of players, owners, and most importantly, CFL fans. "I think all of us want to see training camp start and the season get underway on time, so hopefully they come to an agreement." Amen. Nick Young Jersey .Y. -- Phil Jackson lost out on his preferred coach, but hes working hard on keeping his star player. Golden State Warriors Jerseys . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second. http://www.nbawarriorsauthority.com/draymond-green-warriors-jersey-c-17/.A. Happ? Happs seven wins are second on the staff to Mark Buehrles 10. Win-loss record is an antiquated stat, sure, but win total is generally an indication of a pitchers ability to work deep into games, enough to be personally affected by the result. Damian Jones Jersey . Still, Encarnacion felt a sense of relief. He felt a pop just before crumpling to the ground after running out a groundball in the first inning of Saturdays game. It could have been worse. “Its going to take maybe two weeks,” said Encarnacion. “It depends how Im going to be and how Im going to be day after day, feeling better or not. Stephen Curry Jersey . Argentina, who have yet to beat New Zealand in 17 meetings, rocked the All Blacks with an early converted try to backrower Juan Manuel Leguizamon and led 7-0 after five minutes. But Smiths double in the 23rd and 26th minutes - when Argentina was reduced to 14 men by the sin-binning of hooker Eusebio Guinazu - turned the tide of the match and set up New Zealands third straight Championship win.SAN ANTONIO -- No cramps, no problems for LeBron James. And with their superstar making it to the finish this time, the Miami Heat bounced back from a loss, just as they always do in the playoffs. "Obviously, having No. 6 in the game at the end was a plus for us," Dwyane Wade said. James had 35 points and 10 rebounds in a powerful comeback from the cramps that knocked him out of the opener, as the Heat tied the NBA Finals with a 98-96 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in Game 2 Sunday night. Chris Bosh made the go-ahead 3-pointer on a pass from James with 1:18 remaining for the Heat, who have won 13 straight following a loss in the post-season. Just like last year, they rebounded after losing Game 1 to the Spurs. Bosh had 18 points for the Heat, who are headed home for Game 3 Tuesday night. James played more than 37 minutes, making 14 of 22 shots. He was 1 for 4 with three turnovers in a shaky first quarter, then made 11 of his next 13. After two days of enduring criticism for not finishing the game and getting suggestions on how to avoid cramps, James changed the subject. "What happened on Thursday was Thursday," James said. "My whole focus was how I was going to try to help this team even this up and just try to make some plays." He had a key strip of Tony Parker down the stretch, playing a dominant game on both ends as if he had something to prove. As usual, James found a way to silence his haters. He had 11 points in the second quarter, helping Miami erase an 11-point deficit early in the period. The game was played within a margin of a few points from there, and the Spurs missed a chance to seize control in the fourth quarter when Parker and Tim Duncan missed four straight free throws when they had a two-point lead. James then made a 3-pointer and two free throws to put Miami in position to win. Parker scored 21 points and Duncan had 18 points and 15 rebounds for the Spurs, who had won eight straight at home by at least 15 points. "Down the end there they executed really well," Duncan said. "LeBron made some great passes and guys made open shots. We had the same result in the first game. They kind of flipped it in this one." The game was played in comfortable conditions inside the AT&T Center, where an air conditioning failure in Game 1 sent temperatures soaring to about 90 degrees. The broken circuit breaker was fixed by Friday afternoon, and it was much cooler inside thhe arena.dddddddddddd James had the toughest time with the heat Thursday, needing treatment midway through the fourth quarter before eventually having to leave for good. He had plenty of time to recover, with the two days off between Games 1 and 2. He changed only a little of his routine, taking an 8 a.m. yoga class Sunday morning and switching to a shorter pair of tights. He personally erased a 62-56 San Antonio lead by scoring eight points in less than a minute, and his 14 points in the third quarter had Miami down only 78-77 heading to the fourth. "For me, once I get into a good groove, I feel like everything is going to go in," James said. For a time, everything did. Then he switched to being a passer at the end, finding Bosh in the corner for the shot that made it 95-93. Wade and Rashard Lewis each scored 14 points for the Heat, who also dropped Game 1 of the NBA Finals against Oklahoma City two years ago. They have won five straight series after dropping the opening game. The Spurs were in good position, withstanding James assault long enough to lead by one with under 2 minutes to play. But they were shut out from there until Manu Ginobilis 3-pointer as time expired. "LeBron with the ball did a pretty good job at his end and we had to be really perfect at the other end and we didnt," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "We didnt take advantage of things. We made bad decisions." And it didnt help them that they had to deal with James at the end of this one. Ginobili finished with 19 points for the Spurs, whose 18 points in the fourth quarter were half the 36 they scored in the opener. "We have a very competitive group and you have two days to commiserate how that game went down," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "It was frustrating, painful going through that for two days and now we have to manage the other emotion." After their sensational finish to Game 1, the Spurs picked up right where they left off, making 10 of their first 15 shots. They opened an 11-point lead early in the second before James got going. He had three straight Miami baskets, and a follow shot later in the period gave the Heat their first lead at 34-33. Notes: Parker has 1,026 assists in the post-season, moving past Michael Jordan (1,022) for eighth place on the career post-season list. He also passed Jordans Hall of Fame teammate, Scottie Pippen, for 13th on the career scoring list with 3,655 points. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Mai - 03:53 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum » La vie du Forum i30 » Présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Forum Hyundai Veloster Forum Hyundai i40 Forum Hyundai i30 Forum KIA Cee'd Forum Mazda CX-5 CX-7 Forum Audi Q3 Q5 Q7 Forum Mercedes-Benz ML Forum Infiniti Forum BMW Série 1 F20 Forum BMW Série 3 F30 Forum Renault Clio 4 Forum Suzuki Kizashi Forum Volkswagen Golf 7 Forum Volkswagen Up! SEAT Mii Skoda Citigo Forum Mercedes-Benz Classe A W176 Forum SEAT Leon 3 Forum Audi A5 S5 RS5 Forum Toyota Yaris Forum Toyota FT-86 Subaru BRZ Forum Hyundai ix45

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation