Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum

gotten the worst of it when Shulman said hes more

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum » La Hyundai i30 » Entretien général et questions techniques
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Jan - 05:26 (2018)    Sujet du message: gotten the worst of it when Shulman said hes more Répondre en citant

PARIS - Bordeaux coach Willy Sagnol has apologized for making disparaging comments about African players in football, although he still maintains they were misinterpreted against a backlash of widespread criticism. Cody Latimer Jersey .Sagnol, capped 58 times by France and a member of the team which lost the 2006 World Cup final, gave a question and answer session Tuesday to readers of Sud Ouest regional newspaper when the subject of African players was raised.The advantage of what I would call the typical African player is that he isnt expensive when you sign him, (he is) a player who is ready for combat, but football isnt just about that, Sagnol said.Explaining himself, he continued: Football is also (about) technique, intelligence. You need a bit of everything. You need Nordics too, Nordics are good.Speaking Thursday at a pre-match news conference ahead of Saturdays game with Lens, Sagnol tried to explain his comments.If by my lack of clarity, or my imperfect semantics, I may have shocked, humiliated or hurt people then I am sorry, Sagnol said. The interpretation that these people may have made does not reflect my way of thinking in any way or my humanist convictions.However, he said the comments made sense in a sporting context.When I spoke about the African (player) who is cheaper and ready for combat, I simply meant to talk about the young African player arriving in Europe with all of his will to win and often to escape from a precarious situation, Sagnol continued as he read from pre-prepared notes. Then, since we were in a debate about football, the intelligence I spoke of was obviously related to tactical intelligence. The forming of young players in Africa, probably because of a lack of financial means, or (lack) of infrastructure, isnt always as complete as whats available in Europe.Sagnol distanced himself from accusations that his viewpoint was offensive.In no way did I mean to talk about an individuals intelligence in the proper sense of the term. Regarding certain accusations of racism, Im 37 (and) Ive spent 32 of them in a football dressing room. Ive never had a problem with anyone, the former Bayern Munich player said.But Lens coach Antoine Kombouare, who was born in New Caledonia, is among those who felt offended by Sagnol.Lets make things clear: this is not a case of him being clumsy. Hes really messed up, Kombouare said. What he said is serious. Its unacceptable. Explaining that an African player is cheaper ... I felt humiliated and hurt.The International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism (LICRA) strongly condemned Sagnol, as did former Marseille president Pape Diouf, who called for African players to boycott one round of French league games in protest.French Football Federation president Noel Le Graet, who formerly employed Sagnol as coach of Frances Under-21 side, defended him, while former teammate Lilian Thuram — an active anti-racism campaigner — was more measured.I played alongside Willy, hes somebody I respect. I know him very well, Thuram told Sud Ouest. I dont think you should put Willy Sagnol on trial, but you should put prejudice on trial. Each one of us harbours some prejudice, which is why people working in football, who have a certain exposure to the media, should be educated on this subject.Sagnols captain at Bordeaux is Senegal international Lamine Sane, who called Sagnols comments clumsy before defending him, as did club president Jean-Louis Triaud.He doesnt have any twisted ideas. He believes in all the black players in the team, Sane told French radio. We believe in him and we hope to go very far with him.Bordeaux forward Henri Saivet, who is black, told RMC radio that Sagnol apologized.We all now pertinently well that the coach is not a racist, Saivet said. Its true that, at first, we asked ourselves a few questions. But he explained how it happened. He apologized to the players. That was very important. Ronald Leary Jersey .J. - Percy Harvin is ready to go, and theres no question in his mind hell be playing Sunday. Brandon McManus Jersey .com) - Ryan Johansens creative moves and hometown appeal highlighted Team Folignos successful night at the NHL All- Star Skills Competition. http://www.broncosproauthentic.com/Black-Friday-Karl-Mecklenburg-Jersey/ . - This is just the warm-up act for 18-year-old William Nylander.Well, Rector was none too pleased. When he awoke from his slumber, he sued ESPN, MLB, the Yankees and ESPN announcers Dan Shulman and John Kruk for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress. He is asking for $10 million.To say the least, the language in the claim is peculiar, complete with misspellings and ambitious grammatical choices. Page two of the Claim gets right down to business: "On or about April 13, 2014, the plaintiff was at the rivalry game between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees. It is well known that the rivalry between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox is always the biggest in all of sport. For decades millions of people all over the world turn out or tune in to watch these games. Plaintiff accordingly was at this game." Claims Being Made In his lawsuit, he alleges that ESPN and MLB engaged in "unending verbal crusade" against the sleepy plaintiff. Specifically, his claim states as follows: (a) "Announcers like Dan Shulman and John Kruck (sp) unleashed avalanche of disparaging words against the person of and concerning the plaintiff. These words, include but not limited to stupor, fatty, unintelligent, stupid". (b) "John Kruck (sp) in his verbal attack insinuated that the plaintiff is individual that know neither history nor understood the beauty or rivalry between Boston Red Sox and New York Yankee." (b) "The defendant Major league Baseball continually repeated these vituperative utterances against the plaintiff on the major league baseball web site the next day. These words and its insinuations presented the plaintiff as symbol of anything but failure." (I think they meant to write "these works and its insinuations presented the plaintiff as a symbol of failure".) He goes on to say that the defendants "negligently or maliciously published false, defamatory statements of fact about the plaintiff, a private individual". As a result, his reputation was damaged. The false statements alleged include the following: - Plaintiff is unintelligent and stupid individual. - Plaintiff is not worthy to be fan of the New York Yankee. - Plaintiff is a fatty cow that need two seats at all time and represent symbol of failure. - Plaintiff is a confused disgusted and socially bankrupt individual. - Plaintiff is confused individual that neither understands nor knows anything about history and the meaning of rivalry between Red Sox and New York Yankee. - Plaintiff is so stupid that he cannot differentiate between his house and public place by snoozing throughout the fourth inning of the Yankee game. Defamation Defamation refers to a false statement that is likely to lower the reeputation of a person in the eyes of reasonable people. John Elway Jersey. The law protects your reputation against defamation. If someone defames you, you can sue for money (called "damages") for harming your reputation. Heres what Kruk and Shulman said: Shulman: This guys oblivious to how good [MLB TV] is... Kruk: Sometimes you have to turn it off to get some sleep. This is not the place you come to sleep. I tell you what though, how comfortable is that? Probably wont have any neck problems tomorrow. Shulman: I mean, is that guy to his left his buddy? Is he just letting him sleep, or is he here alone? Whats the deal with this guy?Kruk: Maybe thats his buddy and he likes him a lot better when hes asleep.Shulman: I think the other guys more concerned with the food and the game.Kruk: Chicken fingers are a special item at the ballpark. Why share? Get em while hes asleep so he wont ask for one.Shulman: Weve gotta see how long this guys out for.Kruk: Its only the fourth inning, you dont think he could sleep through –Shulman: Did he sleep through the Beltran homer? I mean, 45,000 people stand up and cheer and he sleeps through it?Kruk: Youd think itd be tough to, but he seemed comfortable. It didnt look like he just started to sleep.Is this defamation? No. To be clear, Im saying no. Contrary to Rectors allegations, it is simply untrue that Kruk and Shulman "unleashed (an) avalanche of disparaging words". They did not refer to him as stupid, unintelligent or a fatty cow. Frankly, the guy sitting to Rectors left may have gotten the worst of it when Shulman said hes more "concerned with the food and the game". Even that is fine. So Kruk and Shulman did not engage in defamatory comments. Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress In order to make out this claim, the statements need to be outrageous and extreme. Its conduct that goes beyond all reasonable bounds of decency, and when a reasonable person hears it, he or she needs to respond with something like "Thats outrageous!!!". Courts have even repeatedly concluded that insults and indignities fall short of that test. So Rector will also fail on this count. The comments were not outrageous or extreme. Rather, the comments were innocuous and playful. If anything, restraint was exercised. By the way, the lawsuit alleges that ESPN and MLB engaged in unlawful activities. The Yankees were just hosting the game, and should not have been named as a defendant. They werent involved. That being said, no one should have been named as a defendant. The lawsuit lacks merit. As a result, expect the parties to move to have this lawsuit kicked out of court on the basis that it is frivolous. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Visiter le site web du posteur ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Jan - 05:26 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Hyundai i30 Index du Forum » La Hyundai i30 » Entretien général et questions techniques Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Forum Hyundai Veloster Forum Hyundai i40 Forum Hyundai i30 Forum KIA Cee'd Forum Mazda CX-5 CX-7 Forum Audi Q3 Q5 Q7 Forum Mercedes-Benz ML Forum Infiniti Forum BMW Série 1 F20 Forum BMW Série 3 F30 Forum Renault Clio 4 Forum Suzuki Kizashi Forum Volkswagen Golf 7 Forum Volkswagen Up! SEAT Mii Skoda Citigo Forum Mercedes-Benz Classe A W176 Forum SEAT Leon 3 Forum Audi A5 S5 RS5 Forum Toyota Yaris Forum Toyota FT-86 Subaru BRZ Forum Hyundai ix45

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation